Thursday, January 12, 2006

So much for delivering calves!

Yesterday, Lew and I went to the coffee shop in the morning and were trying to figure out what to do about the cow. I had done all kinds of internet research on what to do if she needed help (very common in first-time-cow-moms) and we heard that she seemed to be leaking fluid yesterday, so the baby was coming soon.

Anyway, we woke up this morning and found that she had given birth in the middle of the night, effortlessly, and had a healthy baby girl! Here's the picture that Michael (who lives next door and co-own the cows) took at three am:


I just went over and saw her, and she's very sweet and is mostly brown, with markings similar to Berniece's on her face. I'm babysitting mom and baby this weekend, and will get some more pictures. Also, Michael and Lava have asked me to name her, and I couldn't be happier! I'm going o pick out just the right name for her...

1 comment:

Emil said...

Roberta! or maybe Eunice? or what about Rosie?