Monday, October 10, 2005

LA and Crash

I know I didn't post anything about my holiday weekend in LA, but that's because I don't have anything to say about it. It was fine. My family's still crazy. I'm handling it better. And that's all I have to say about that.

Mir and I went to the beach and had an enormous amount of fun writing messages in the sand and then taking pictures of ourselves next to them in weird poses:



And a lovely shot of the street I grew up on (well, around the corner) Fairfax:



I watched Crash this weekend so I'm not in the best of LA moods.

Also had a funny incident with my aunt, whose stories everyone enjoys. We went out to dinner and she and my uncle were talking about the Rotary CLub and how much fun it is to be a part of, etc. My aunt then turned to me and said, "...and you know, they let people of all ages and sexual orientations in. You know, it even says in their bylaws that people of all sexual orientaions must be allowed to join!" So there's an awkward pause where I try to figure out if my aunt is hinting that I'm a lesbian and then my mom says, "Well speaking of that, or not speaking of that at all, what's everyone ordering?"

No comments: