Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mele Kalikimaka and Ha'oule Makahiki Hou*

Hi Guys!

Man, I was thinking about you during the transit strike! I can't wait to hear all your stories about it.

Anyway, a quiet Christmas weekend here on the big island of Hawaii. Jessie and I went out to Kona on Friday night and had to crash there (did I mention that if I'm not back here by 10pm I have to stay out until breakfast?). It was fun, and we met some guys (8-1 ratio, anyone?) and then hung out with them at the beach on Saturday. They brought a barbecue, and stuff to eat, and music, and drinks. It was a fun Christmas eve. We went to a beach I hadn't been to before, which required a short walk through an area full of keawe thorns before reaching it. (I couldn't find a link, but they are long thin branches full of thorns and when you step on them they go right through your flip-flop and into your foot. So a walk through them requires constantly stopping and saying "shit!" and then pulling the thorns out.) Anyway, the beach is full of these little private cove areas and we sat in one and ate and drank and swam and smoked and it was great.



*Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I don't know how to say Happy Hanukah in Hawaiian.

No comments: